- RSS Channel Showcase 5649880
- RSS Channel Showcase 4687646
- RSS Channel Showcase 8274153
- RSS Channel Showcase 8568972
Articles on this Page
- 03/02/12--07:00: _The Drill Down: Kar...
- 03/09/12--07:00: _The Drill Down: Res...
- 03/30/12--06:53: _The Drill Down 227:...
- 04/13/12--06:25: _The Drill Down 229:...
- 05/11/12--09:00: _The Drill Down 233:...
- 07/20/12--11:00: _The Drill Down 240:...
- 09/06/13--11:27: _The Drill Down 292:...
- 01/10/14--09:30: _The Drill Down 308:...
- 03/28/14--08:30: _The Drill Down 319:...
- 05/23/14--08:00: _The Drill Down 327:...
- 10/10/14--11:30: _The Drill Down 346:...
- 10/31/14--09:00: _The Drill Down 349:...
- 12/12/14--07:17: _The Drill Down 354:...
- 08/21/15--07:10: _The Drill Down 390:...
- 10/14/16--07:17: _The Drill Down 447:...
- 10/28/16--08:00: _The Drill Down 449:...
- 12/02/16--09:29: _The Drill Down 454:...
- 09/22/17--07:00: _The Drill Down 493:...
- 05/11/18--07:00: _The Drill Down 524:...
- 06/15/18--07:00: _The Drill Down 529:...
- 03/02/12--07:00: The Drill Down: Karmawhores!
- 03/09/12--07:00: The Drill Down: Resolutionary
- 03/30/12--06:53: The Drill Down 227: A Journey Into Tech
- 04/13/12--06:25: The Drill Down 229: A Picture’s Worth A Billion Dollars
- 05/11/12--09:00: The Drill Down 233: Lies and Rumors
- 07/20/12--11:00: The Drill Down 240: Digg’s Downfall, Yahoo’s Hope
- 09/06/13--11:27: The Drill Down 292: Future Watch
- 01/10/14--09:30: The Drill Down 308: Lessons Learned and The Road Ahead
- 03/28/14--08:30: The Drill Down 319: Executive Order 12333
- 05/23/14--08:00: The Drill Down 327: Billion Dollar Bubble
- 10/10/14--11:30: The Drill Down 346: Blue Light Special
- 10/31/14--09:00: The Drill Down 349: Our Marvelous Future
- 12/12/14--07:17: The Drill Down 354: ScrÜber
- 08/21/15--07:10: The Drill Down 390: The Cost of Convenience
- 10/14/16--07:17: The Drill Down 447: Galaxy Supernova
- 10/28/16--08:00: The Drill Down 449: Microsoft Surface Event 2016
- 12/02/16--09:29: The Drill Down 454: How To Hack An Election
- 09/22/17--07:00: The Drill Down 493: Selling Hate
- 05/11/18--07:00: The Drill Down 524: Microsoft Build & Google I/O 2018
- 06/15/18--07:00: The Drill Down 529: E3 2018
This week, TDD regulars Andrew Sorcini, Dwayne DeFreitas, and Lidija Davis join Venturebeat's Sean Ludwig as we talk to top contributors to Social news site Reddit.com as we find out what makes them do what they do to make Reddit so popular.
But first, the week’s top tech news...President Obama proposes a Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights, Apple acquires Chomp, iPhone user wins $850 in throttling case against AT&T, Apple announces iPad 3 event, Yahoo seeks to force Facebook into licensing patents, Google+ suffers low turnout, Reddit crafts an Internet privacy law [...]
This week on the show the TDD team explores Microsoft’s Windows 8 Consumer Preview, and of course, Apple’s latest tech offerings, the new iPad, Apple TV, and iOS 5.1. But first, this week’s latest tech headlines...
This week, The Drill Down team (including occasional co-host TechMeme editor Lidija Davis) talk about employers asking prospective new hires for their Facebook (and other social) passwords and Facebook’s reaction to that. Also, we look at the issues and reactions that have emerged in the two weeks since the launch of Apple’s new iPad.
But first, this week's headlines... Apple to pay dividends, Kevin Rose to work for Google, Zynga buys OMGPOP, Facebook buys 750 patents from IBM, Nokia's Lumia 900 comes to AT&T, Obvtuse vs Svbtle, and Google shows you what you've been doing...on Google [...]
This week, The Drill Down team discusses Facebook’s one billion dollar purchase of mobile phone startup Instagram, and whether or not that portends another tech bubble; plus, Is the age of cheap, subsidized cellphones over? But first let’s look at this week’s tech headlines...
Commodore founder Jack Tramiel dies, Apple patches a trojan affecting 600K Macs, US DOJ sues Apple & e-book publishers for price fixing, the FCC's plan to track your lost cellphone, Microsoft pays $1 BN for AOL patents, Nokia launches the Lumia 900, Netflix forms a PAC, and Google Plus gets a makeover [...]
The post The Drill Down 229: A Picture’s Worth A Billion Dollars appeared first on Geeks of Doom.
This week, we look into a scandal involving Scott Thompson, Yahoo's CEO, wherein he allegedly lied on his resume about having a CS degree. Later, we’ll poke into a couple of exciting rumors of Apple lowering the price of their Macbook Air to $799, plus their upcoming HDTV offering.
But first, the headlines...Facebook sets its IPO price, Discovery buys Revision3, Draw Something loses 5M users/Mo. after Zynga purchase, AT&T CEO regrets offering unlimited data, Google loses copyright infringement case to Oracle over Java, Google's Hangouts on Air rolls out to everyone, & Google's Autonomous cars get an official nod from Nevada [...]
On this week’s show, we explore how Digg went from becoming king of social news to cashing out for half a million. Then we discuss the transition of one of Google’s top executives, Marissa Meyer, to becoming the new CEO of Yahoo, and whether it’s enough to save the flailing company.
But first, we return from San Diego Comic-Con, check out a couple of new videogames, invest in a new mobile data plan, and kickstart a game console. Then we discuss the hacking of Apple's in-app process, a massive password breach at Yahoo, Microsoft previews Office 2013, AT&T may charge for FaceTime, and Microsoft's "stack ranking" management system [...]
This week, Edward Snowden strikes again, this time with the U.S. spy “Black Budget,” a new Kindle, Samsung’s watch, Microsoft buys Nokia, Tosin’s Pax Prime experience, and more [...]
We ring in the New Year with our first new show of 2014! This week we discuss a new Pebble watch, cloud gaming on Sony PlayStation, T-Mobile wants to pay you to switch, Facebook is dead to teens, are digital music downloads already obsolete?...the legacy of the Snowden NSA leaks, and a cube that balances on its edge [...]
The post The Drill Down 308: Lessons Learned and The Road Ahead appeared first on Geeks of Doom.
This week, Greg Davies from the Blendover podcast joins Dwayne and Andrew as we discuss Turkey trying to terminate Twitter, Netflix cries “not fair,” the IRS weighs in on Bitcoin, President Obama backpedals on NSA collection, Apple, Google, and dozens more collude in wage-fixing, and will Facebook’s purchase of Oculus create a rift amongst gamers? All this and more [...]
This week, the FCC votes on the fate of Net Neutrality, the US charges China with cyberspying, Microsoft launches the Surface Pro 3, AT&T acquires DirectTV, YouTube gets Twitch, and much more [...]
This week, HP splits in two, Chase gets hacked, the DEA imitates you on Facebook, Twitter sues the US, and Redbox Instant calls it quits, and the humble blue LED gets its day [...]
This week, some retailers ban Apple Pay in favor of an upcoming service that’s already been hacked, YouTube to offer ad-free subscriptions?, AT&T misled millions and the feds are taking them to court, Fitbit joins the smartwatch race, Marvel plans out its next five years of superhero movies, and much more [...]
This week, Apple deletes, AT&T throttles, the NSA hacks, HBO outsources, and Uber, well, what doesn’t Uber do? All this, and much much more [...]
This week, Gigaom columnist Tom Cheredar is our guest as we discuss hackers posting personal data from infidelity site Ashley Madison, the NSA’s best friend is AT&T, does Amazon overwork its employees, selections from POTUS’s playlist, giant robots!... and much much more [...]
This week's Drill Down podcast, Russia hacks U.S. elections, the Samsung Galaxy Note is toast, Amazon comes to your corner, President Obama sends us to Mars!... and much, much more [...]
On this week's podcast, The Drill Down co-host emeritus Tom Cheredar joins us as Microsoft gets cozy with creators, AT&T buys Time Warner, the Nintendo Switch, is your webcam part of a botnet?, a self-driving beer truck, Young Lando Calrissian, are aliens talking to us from space? ... and much, much more! [...]
On this week's Drill Down podcast, was the U.S. election hacked?, Facebook compromises censorship to get into China, auto regulators want you off your apps, Google AI makes its own language, and much more [...]
On this week's Drill Down podcast, Tosin’s Pax picks, iPhone updates, more Equifax fallout, can you buy hate speech ads on Facebook?, and much more [...]
On this week's The Drill Down podcast, Microsoft Build conference and Google I/O conference, the fight for Net Neutrality is back on, reanimating dead brains... and much, much more [...]
The post The Drill Down 524: Microsoft Build & Google I/O 2018 appeared first on Geeks of Doom.